All posts on We Can Access site, such as blogs, reviews and discussion board comments, contain the personal opinions of the writers and these do not necessarily represent those of the We Can Access, unless otherwise stated.
We Can Access cannot guarantee the accuracy of content contained in individual posts, or that the material is kept up to date, though, we encourage our bloggers to update their posts content when necessary. The post writers must not include any kind of assumptions, incorrect or misleading information about a service or product they write about. If referring to any reports, they must be officially approved reports and cited in a proper manner (ie Oxford referencing) at the bottom of each article.
Your comments are welcomed but in order to encourage a lively discussion please be constructive, fair and respectful of others. Under no circumstances
is aggressive, abusive or intolerant language relating to any aspect of culture, disability, ethnic group, gender, religion or sex permitted. Any comment which is against our rules will be removed and the member will get a warning. Three warnings within 3 months will lead to the member being removed from the platform. However, if a member leaves a malicious post against anyone, the comment will be deleted and the member banned for life.
You are personally responsible for what you post on We Can Access so any other potential action against you is outside of our control.
We use https://www.webpurify.com/profanity-filter/ to filter the content of the website.
We reserve the right not to publish any commentary that we consider inappropriate.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time in the future.
If you have any questions about the above, please contact us at the address below:
About We Can Access (https://www.wecanaccess.com)
We Can Access aims to provide an online platform where people with needs, their carers and professionals can share information, discuss common issues, offer advice and guidance, and buy and sell accessible goods.
Who is our audience?
We Can Access reaches a UK audience of mostly disabled people, parents of SEND children, carers, health and social care practitioners, academics and businesses. However, we also have an international following.
Who contributes to the We Can Access site?
Contributors include, but are not limited to, disabled people, parents of SEND children, carers, health and social care practitioners and accessible businesses. While the UK remains the principle source of contributed posts, there is still a wide geographical spread of contributions from the USA.
You may want to submit a post of your own, or simply to comment on someone else’s post, but whatever you choose to do please join in. All we ask is that in order to encourage a lively and constructive discussion, your comments should be fair and respectful of others. Under no circumstances inappropriate language or images to be posted. The definition of inappropriate can be found below.
While we encourage personal views and opinions on topical issues about care, as a guiding principle we insist that content conforms to the mission and ethical standards upheld by We Can Access and we therefore reserve the right to refuse any contribution that contravenes these principles. Language should be fair and respectful, and we ask you to avoid targeting the professional performance of identifiable individuals, teams or specific services.
We Can Access uses Web Purify to filter all content being posted. However, we know that inappropriate content can get through and rely on our users and moderators to notify us of any breaches of protocol.
Posts that contravene our rules include:
- Posts that are in any way discriminatory, slanderous, malicious or offensive.
- Complaints about specific people, businesses or services.
- A demand for change from a specific organisation or person
- Posts that contain any reference to the pros and cons of any medical treatment.
- Posts that make medical claims that are not verified by peer-reviewed academic studies.
- Sometimes we may reject a contribution because it is not sufficiently topical or personal, but we will always discuss this with you so that you can re-submit a revised version.
Images: if you provide an image make sure that YOU have copyrights. Under no circumstances should violent, pornographic, erotic and abusive or discriminatory pictures be attached to any posts. If you have other people in the picture, make sure you have their consent to share their pictures online. The pictures should be small, no more than 27KB.
Blogs: Please see our guidance for bloggers for more information about what we do and do not publish – available from www.wecanaccess.com/content or email email@example.com.
User Code of Conduct
By using our site you agree to the general terms and conditions above. You must follow the guide to editorial posts. You also agree to:
- Notify firstname.lastname@example.org if facts in your blog/ review become out of date.
- If you make a comment to another person’s post please make sure that you are fair, respectful and do not post inappropriate images.
- You shall not have, and shall not hold yourself out as having, any authority to incur any expenditure in We Can Access’s name or otherwise enter into arrangements that would be binding on We Can Access.
- All blog content has to be submitted to We Can Access who will approve it before it is uploaded. Please contact email@example.com for blog guidance and Ts&Cs.
- Do Not use any third-party material, including but not limited to pictures, without appropriate consents and permissions; and
- Should you come to believe that any of your comments or reviews might attract legal concerns you must contact us as soon as possible: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You grant We Can Access for the period of copyright (and all extensions, revivals, reversions and renewals thereof) the exclusive and worldwide right to use material you post on this site in our future editorial materials in a digital or book/magazine form.
External website links
We Can Access is not responsible for the content of other websites that you may access via links from content on this site (www.wecanaccess.com). We suggest that you comply with any copyright restrictions applicable to material downloaded from websites accessed from our site. You enter websites/links at your own risk. We Can Access does not have any power to control external websites/links.
We Can Access tries to maintain up-to-date links to other relevant websites but is not responsible for the accuracy of these links, which may change without our knowledge. If you find errors in any link on this website, please contact us at the address below. We Can Access will endeavour to promptly remove/ amend the link.
We are usually pleased for individuals to create links to this site. However, please check with our office before creating any reciprocal links. We regret that we are unable to grant permission for linking with any site that contains content that does not comply with the standards and principles of We Can Access.
Privacy and personal data
For information relating to We Can Access and collection of data please see the privacy statement on our website: https://www.wecanaccess.com/data
- If you wish to advertise any commercial services or products through our website/links/blog posts, you must ask for a permission to do so. Some content is chargeable – please contact: email@example.com
- We Can Access reserve its right to charge a fee for advertising opportunities which may be reviewed and increased or decreased. Different services and products may have a different fees, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- We Can Access shall be responsible for selling advertising on the Blog Page and is therefore, entitled to an advertisement fee. Please contact Emma Bara for more details, email: email@example.com
- We Can Access reserves the right to grant any discounts to advertisers for network advertisements and for setting the rates for any other advertisements
Warranties and Liabilities:
- You hereby represent, warrant and undertake that:
- You shall not at any time do anything to bring We Can Access brands, trademarks or reputation into disrepute; and
- You are entitled to enter into this agreement and you are not bound by any third party restriction not to do so, including, but not limited to, the right and authority to license the intellectual property rights in and the use of material on the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement; and
- Your material shall be original and not copied wholly or substantially from any other source, nor contain defamatory statements nor otherwise breach the privacy, confidentiality or other statutory or common law rights of any third-party;
Terms and Termination:
- The Agreement shall remain in full force unless terminated in accordance with its provisions.
- Without prejudice to any of its other rights or remedies, either party shall have the right to terminate this Agreement with immediate effect at any time by giving notice in writing to the other party if:
- the other party commits a material breach of any of its obligations under this Agreement which is not capable of remedy.
- As required by the law of England and Wales.
- Under no circumstances to discuss and/or disclose any medical or personal information of any individuals in a manner for them to be identifiable by any other person or organisation.
Version 2 dated 29 September 2019.